Friday, May 21, 2010

KoRn Concert Review






It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how long you’ve followed a band, been a fan for years; listened to their CD’s to non-existence; then to finally seeing them live, you’re still in awe. You hear stories from fans all over the world saying their perspectives on the band and it still doesn’t hit home until you’re there, standing amongst the crowds. I can say there are several bands that go in this list but I can only speak for one band that stands out in my mind: KoRn.


I think I stood there with my mouth open the first few songs until I was able to think properly. Out of all those accounts you’ve heard, no one else’s will compare to your own view. No matter the history or problems any band has, what matters is the music and show they put on. Of course playing the crowds favorite songs doesn’t hurt either. From “Coming Undone,” “Freak on a Leash,” to “Falling Away From Me,” “Throw Me Away,” “Somebody Someone” to even an encore with “Clown”, “Shoots and Ladders” and “Got the Life;” everyone got exactly what they expected plus more. Playing these songs is only one part, the other part is the energy the give and receive. The arena is one family and is sharing the moment together. JD also gifts us with something so uniquely him, it leaves little question to why we love this band. One word: bagpipe. If you’ve never seen this, you’re missing out on something amazing, words can barely describe it. So I don’t think I’ll even try to.


There’s always a lot of talk and hype made for every band that comes around. No matter how long they’ve been around or what they bring to the table, it’s the nature of people. For once, I’ll say the rumors are true: KoRn is one band you HAVE to see and will thank me for it later.


-My rating based on voice/instruments sound, stage presence and ente

rtainment-

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment